All bow hunters do understand the importance of having a good bow sight as an accompanying bow hunting accessory. Bow sights are modern inventions which have come at a time when they are needed most. The scarcity of animals today is so much that you don’t want to miss the slightest chance of spotting and shooting them. Bow sights can really help you a great deal to spot and make those accurate shots. But how do you go about the selection process of the best bow sights?
Types of Bow Sights
The very first thing to do would be for you to know the different bow types the market has to offer. The main types are the:
- The Fixed Pin Bow Sights
This is the most preferred sight amongst the hunters, courtesy of its ease of use. It is also the most recommended for beginners. These sights essentially comprise of between three and five pins that need to be sighted so as to enable you determine the distance from where the hunter is shooting from. They are adjustable depending on the target distance.
- Movable/Single Pin Bow Sights
This type is movable thus allowing exact yardage to be measured. This type isn’t the best for beginners and would be a great choice for intermediates that are already capable of making distance estimations. You need a lot of practice and skill before you can be able to use this type.
- Pendulum or Tree Stand Sights
Hunters who stay and target from tree stands will always target on a downward incline, an attribute that’s different from the common ground level shooting. The pendulum sights are thus there to improve the accuracy of your downward shots. Some of the best bow sights in this category will allow accuracy up to 35 yards away and come with lockable pendulum feature to allow ground shooting.
Main Factors to Consider
The main reason as to why you are shopping for this product is because you want to enhance your shooting. So it would be important for you to consider its features that will boost your shooting accuracy and capacity.
2. Ease of Use
You really don’t want to go for a product that will prove a tall order to adjust while you are in the field. The best bow sights are those that come with easy replacement, easy adjustability and above all-easy sighting. If your sight passes this test, it is almost guaranteed that soon, your hunting will be a breeze.
3. Competition Sights
There are those who when looking for the best compound bow sights for hunting end up buying competition sights. Though these sights are decked with a plethora of features, they should not be your first choice of product, especially if you are under a tight, fixed budget. Their prices are incredibly high. However, it is worth knowing that these competition sights can end up being among the best bow sights you can use for hunting. Some of the incredible features associated with these bow sights include:
- Quick-disconnect systems that makes mounting and demounting easy
- Quick adjustment features for elevation and windage needs
- Threaded receivers for increased variety of aiming points
- They are similar though not the same as moveable pin sights
4. Other Features
The best compound bow sights are those that are useful in sighting and aiding shooting, no matter what the time is. the ability for a bow to shoot under low light , its durability, yardage tapes, pin guard inclusion and adjustment knobs are all features that when greatly done and included will increase the value of your accessory as you hunt in the wild.
The optimal word when going through the factors of consideration is precision. Remember that the precision that comes with the buildup of competition sights is always exact; no wonder it will still be a valued investment for you to acquire their costly brands even if you are planning to hunt rather than to do target shooting. However, if you are just an amateur shooter who is just beginning your journey towards using bows, whether for target shooting or for hunting, don’t go for the very expensive, very sophisticated sights. Your best compound bow sights would be the fixed pin bow sights for hunting.
Reviewing the 5 Best Compound Bow Sights
1. Best Fixed pin bow sights
The Field Logic IQ 5 Pin Sight Review
This is one of the best compound bow sights having the ability to give the archer the ability to accurately sight thus making the best aim. It comes with a retina lock technology which is a feature designed to control the muscles of the memory thus forming consistent images. It is truly a pride of many hunters, thanks to its ability to improve their aiming precision.
- Ambidextrous optics for both left and right-handed aimers
- Optics for sighting longer distances in tighter groups
- .19 fiber optic pin
- Retina Lock Technology for better precision
- Tool-free locking knobs
- 5 stack tight pins
- Inbuilt sight levels
- Elevation and windage Micro-adjustable knobs
- Adjustable second axis
- Benefits of a trademark technology which ensures better accuracy
- Comes with five pins and still gives you the advantaged inclusion of fiber optics
- Comfortable use together with easy adjustment ability
- Requires time for adjustment
- Occasionally, the casing on the sight cracks. Not a big deal though because the product comes with a warranty
- Colors can end up being confusing thus causing pin mix-up
With its new Retina Lock Technology, the product allows shooters more accuracy together with tighter groups. This is such a great way that one can polish their shooting skills.
Trophy Ridge React 5 Pin Bow Sight
The Trophy Ridge’s Smart Pin advanced Technology has been employed in the manufacture of one of the best compound bow sights in the world. This feature aids for the most accurate sighting you can ever make between 20 and 60 yards. It is therefore a useful tool, capable of helping any archer or hunter to achieve their shooting goals within long ranges.
- Includes rheostat light in its construction
- Features Smart Pin Technology by Trophy Ridge
- Elevation & Windage adjustments
- .19 fiber optic pins for unmatched brightness
- Ambidextrous performance
- Reversible mounting bracket for aided lower and higher anchoring points
- Multiple mounting holes makes it versatile
- Lightweight but durable Ballistix copolymer system material construction
- Can be used by both the left and the right-handed people
- Great pin technology enhances brightness and clear sighting
- Lightweight for easy use
- Easy to install and durable.
- Addition of arm on the sight’s locking mechanism
- Setting up the pins can somewhat be complicated
- Pin may not be as bright as that of other superior sights, especially when sighting beyond 60 yards
- Fewer adjustment options
This is one of the products known to perform exactly as advertised. Coming with an obvious improvement in precision and accuracy within 20-60 yards, this is one of the best compound bow sights that guarantees improved confidence and ultimate shooting.
2. Best Pendulum or Tree Stand Sights
Truglo Pendulum Adjustable Bracket 1-Pin Sight
The versatility of this product is unmatched and is probably what makes the accessory a standout and to be considered one of the best compound bow sights out there. Amongst the pendulum bow sights, this the most advanced and arguable the best in the lot. For left-handed users, a screw has to first be removes, something that isn’t very practical as it risks the performance of the sight.
- 0.019 pin
- Extremely quiet for better hunting
- Re-printed yardage tapes have been included
- Lockable pendulum makes ground shooting easy
- Extra-long wrapped fiber for protection
- Can be adjusted for left-handed shooters
- Automatic compensation for distances within 35 yards
- Removable adjustable violet LED rheostat that measures 1.8-inch in diameter
- Features durable material construction capable of withstanding any weather or terrain
- Quiet advantageous performance
- It is one of the best compound bow sights for comfort and versatility
- Easy installation and adjustment
- In practice, it is not an ambidextrous accessory
This is the best compound bow sights in the pendulum compound bow sights category. For sure, your chances of making a kill increase tenfold when using the product. If you are seeking to improve your accuracy while hunting in a tree stand, TRUGLO is your ultimate destination.
TRUGLO Archers Choice Range Rover Pro Green Dot Sight
This is yet another TRUGLO sight within the pendulum category that would be a great choice of many. It’s extremely quiet adjustment feature together with the lockable pendulum for enhanced ground shooting are arguable the unique features that makes it to be one of the best compound bow sights. This is not to mention its versatility. For those hunters who mainly stay in tree stands, this is truly a range rover choice for your hunting. It allows hunters to accurately shot targets at any range within 35 yards.
- 11 brightness settings
- Adjustable slider sight for low-light adjustments
- Green LED illuminated aiming point
- Accurate shots within 35 yards
- Micro-adjust windage
- Comes with yardage tapes
- The advantage of sighting the game without pin blockage
- Easy set up together with dialing in
- It’s not a great sight for lots of ground shooting
This would be one of the best compound bow sights for the entry level and newbie in compound bow sight sector. It has all the features that anyone can look for in a product within its price range.
3. Best Single Pin Bow Sight
HHA OL-5519 Optimizer Lite .019 5500 Sight
The HHA OL Optimizer Lite is just the best single pin bow sight. The product is yet another sighting accessory that is capable of accurately helping hunters to aim between 20 and 60 yards. This improves the results of any hunter. The increments in between the 20 and 60 yard range are automatically dialed in. for any beginner hunter; this is the best compound bow sights you will benefit working with.
- Tool-less micro adjustment
- ARMOR sight pin system
- 0.019 fully protected fiber optic pins
- 100% aluminum material
- Easily sighted in
- 1 5/8” sight housing
- Dialing in between 20 and 8
- Green sight ring
- Quick and easy adjustment and pin setting for precision and accuracy
- Sturdy construction that is compatible with almost any compound bow
- Designed for durability
- Not a great solution under low-light conditions
- Upon yardage change, adjustments are done manually. This isn’t great if you only have a few seconds left
This nifty little tool allows shooters to make accurate bloodshot with great confidence, thanks to the sighting technology used in its construction. Rapid adjustments will also play important roles especially when you are aiming fast moving animals.
The market is flooded with so many types and brands of bow sights. The question is, “are they all great for you?” choosing the best compound bow sights can at times be a daunting task. But it still remains that you have to select the right product for your activities. Before grabbing a product thrown at you, first research to know about the best bow sights and you will be at a better place of making informed decisions.
In the list above, the HHA OL-5519 Optimizer Lite .019 5500 Sight is our best bet. This product is easy to use, greatly improves shooting accuracy and precision and guarantees its users bright and clear images within its recommended range of 20 to 60 yards. Hurry! Hurry while the stocks last!