There are so many brands and types of rimfire suppressors, something that can really make it a tall order for a newbie to get the best .22 suppressor for their rifles. It is important to note that some suppressors are caliber specific thus you need nothing short of a 22 suppressor for your 22LR rifle. And how do you go about this process? Below are some of the great .22 suppressors and what you should consider when shopping for a product.
Factors to consider while buying a must have 22 suppressor
a) Choose the Caliber Compatibility
This is as easy as it sounds. Different suppressors have been designed for different caliber rifles. If you go for a product that hasn’t been rated for the .22 cal rifles, you may just have ended up wasting your time or even money in the event that there is no return policy by the company you buy from.
b) Easy Assembly and Disassembly
Suppressors can really become dirty as a result of the nasty and aggressive activities within the rifle. For them to continue working optimally there is always need to clean the product. The only possible or easy way to do that is to disassemble the suppressor. The better .22 suppressors, therefore, should be easy to disassemble for cleaning. If you can't easily clean your suppressor, soon it will be rich of lead foul and you won't be able to use it anymore.
c) Quiet Performance
This is obviously the main reason as to why you are shopping for the suppressor in the first place. You don’t want your gun to produce much noise that will startle the game thus making you miss your target. You, therefore, should consider the quietness of the product. The ideal .22 suppressors are those that are the quietest on the market.
d) The Best Bang
Of course, you want every single cent you spend to be worth it. This is only possible if the product you go for performs as you wanted it to. It is, therefore, important that you consider the best product with the best performance and durability features within the price range of your budget. The great .22 suppressors will cost you about $500 or even above. This doesn’t, however, mean that you can't get the best bang for your buck below the $500 mark. You can even get something good at half the price.
The abuse that these products undergo within the gun barrels is always too much that a weak material cannot withstand. The most durable suppressors will come with at least and internal stainless steel construction. Some will still come with the entire body featuring stainless steel.
Your gun is already heavy enough and anything additional will only be a nuisance to you and your adventures. The ideal .22 suppressors are light in weight. This is where aluminum comes into play. Your suppressors only need the interior to be steel or any other such like material. The external part will do best with lightweight materials such as the aluminum. Anything more than 4 ounces and you are starting to go too high in terms of weight of a 22 suppressor.
g) Easy Mounting
Let it also be one product that will easily be mounted in the gun’s barrel. Though there are some other important features to look for as far as easy mounting is concerned, ensure you consider a suppressor that comes with the standard 1/2×28 thread mount, especially if you own the modern guns.
Reviews of the 5 Must Have 22 Suppressors on the Market
This is a suppressor that gets credit for its lightweight and very quiet performance, all at a very competitive price. Its tube is machined from aircraft grade aluminum with all its baffles being made from the same aluminum save for the baffle closest to the muzzle, which features a stainless steel construction. The stainless steel makes it possible for the product to handle the initial blast that results from high-pressure hot gas thus a durable performance is guaranteed.
Benefits of the Product
- Price: At its price, and with the great quiet performance and quality of the product, this is one of the great .22 suppressors for money
- Lightweight: You really won't be impressed by a heavy suppressor as this will add unnecessary weight to your already accessory loaded rifle. This product is made from lightweight aluminum thus resulting into a lightweight suppressor. It weighs just 4.1 ounces
- Construction: This suppressor is one of the longest suppressors in the market. And for those who know, longer suppressors mean quieter performance. The extra room is meant for extra baffles within the chamber. It is anodized and comes with industry standard ½-28 threads.
- Durability: The aluminum and steel hybrid construction means that a resultant durable product is realized. It has been designed to withstand the abuse of the 22LR rifles for long. It's 2 extra k-baffles increases its durability and reduces the sound even further.
- It comes with un-shrouded internal baffles. This is of course anticipated for within this price range.
- It only works with .22LR hence can't be used with your other firearms.
This is a very durable, quiet and lightweight product, three features mainly sought for in the best .22 suppressors. It is easy to mount and the baffles are easily removable. In a nutshell, in the AAC Aviator 22 suppressor, you have one of the very best .22 suppressors on the market.
And though rated for the .22LR, this is one of the most versatile silencers in the market as it is compatibility goes all the way to the FN 5.7x28mm Centerfire cartridge. It is even capable of handling a full-auto for those who may have such a thing. The suppressor comes with a standard ½×28 thread mount thus making it a product that very easy to mount indeed.
Benefits of the Product
- Easy to Mount: Coming with the standard 1/2×28 thread mount, mounting this product is a piece of cake as all you need to do is to screw it till its hand tight and you are good to go.
- Versatile: It is one of the most versatile on the market hence one of the great .22 suppressors. You will use it for anything between the .22LR to the full auto machines
- Sight Friendly: Most of the other suppressors on the market may be too wide thus making it impossible to use the suppressor and the gun sights at the same time. This one is just an inch wide hence works well with your sights
- Brilliant Design: It comes with a brilliant construction that forms two inner half tubes, peeling the apart when filthy thus easy to disassemble, clean and reassemble.
- It is not copper jacketed hence can easily be filled with lead thus becoming heavy and ineffective
The multi-part containment technology used in the construction of this suppressor makes maintenance to be an easy task after heavy use. And with a black finish together with quiet performance, the Sparrow 22 is one of the best .22 suppressors on the market.
This is the lightest suppressor in weight within the best 22 suppressor category. Its 2.6-ounce weight is very notable and accuracy in terms of quiet performance commendable. Its aluminum construction is credited for such an incredibly low weight. With a single piece baffle that has been designed to slide out of the thread mount-end, this is one of the simplest suppressors for .22LR.
Benefits of the Product
- Lightweight: For you to find any other such lightweight 22LR suppressor with the kind of accuracy that this one comes with, a miracle will be needed.
- Finish: It has a Cerakoted exterior that reduces infrared signature thus makes it easy for you to sneak around.
- Construction: It features a durable all-aluminum construction, resulting in a durable product. It comes with a G-Core design that enables you easy maintenance of the suppressor
- Versatility: It works with an array of caliber rifles which include the 22WMR, the 17HMR, and the 22LR and it is full auto rated
- It is a bit louder than most of the products on this list but quieter than most of those suppressors you know off.
Through decades of silencer research and innovation, a product that took the suppressor market to another level was produced in the name of GM-22, courtesy of Gemtech.
ADVANCED ARMAMENT - ELEMENT2 SUPPRESSOR 22 LONG RIFLE DIRECT THREAD
The Element 2 Suppressor comes with a number of improvements in design from the first generation suppressors. Its 1/2×28 thread mount is now a flush fit design thanks to the fact that it is a full-diameter. It is CNC machined to guarantee durable and lightweight titanium performance. And due to the fact that it has been produced from a grade-9 titanium material that is corrosion free, at last, you have a product that you will permanently install in your rifle.
Benefits of the Product
- Versatile: Since it is compatible with a number of caliber hosts including the .22Magnum, .22LR and .17HMR, you have a product you can put into an array of uses.
- Durable Construction: It features a grade 9-Titanium construction with some highly advanced and heat treated stainless steel K-baffles for improved durable and silence performance.
- Lightweight: At 4.1 ounces, it is one of the lightest weight 22 suppressors you will ever get in the market.
- Made in the USA: It is always almost the case that a product originating from the USA will always be a high-quality product. The fact that there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee coming with this product makes it even better.
- Not easily available on the market
At the heart of this silencer are the highly advanced heat treated stainless steel k-baffles which continue to deliver the best class of quiet and durable performance with the .22 Magnum, .22LR and .17HMR hosts.
Featuring aluminum & stainless steel hybrid construction, the YHM Stinger has been designed with an inner stainless steel for durability with the outside featuring aluminum to save on weight. It is semi-auto and full-auto operation rated and is compatible with a number of calibers namely the .22 Magnum, .22LR, the .17HMR as well as the 5.7x28mm.
Benefits of the Product
- Shrouded Baffles: The baffles are shrouded thus helping prevent any internal sticking. It is therefore not easy for the product to be clogged with the nasty end products of shooting.
- Construction: It features a stainless steel interior construction thus making it a very durable 22 suppressor.
- Versatile Use: Can be used with a number of calibers, offering the best performance in defense, tactical use as well as in target practice.
- Easy Maintenance: By just unscrewing the end cap with the use of accompanying tools, the baffles easily come out thus making maintenance an easy ordeal.
- Cheaper suppressors are available
This product offers anti-stick performance and is one of the most reliable and the great .22 suppressors you can ever get on the market. It will serve you for a number of calibers including the fully automatic machines and is very popular within the military and civilian use.
As can be seen, there are so many rimfire suppressor brand and types on the market yet the criteria to be used in selection are not as many. Choosing the best .22 suppressors is only a tall order if you don’t learn how to go about these products. With just a few minutes of understanding these products, you will be able to choose the great .22 suppressors the market has to offer. Ensure you go for a product that is durable, easy to install, disassemble, clean, reassemble and offers quiet performance and you will be happy to have got real value for the buck.