There are numerous factors to consider, while choosing the best 338 lapua rifle. Money is an important issue, but precision matters the most. Shooters can use guns to accomplish different things; Snipers are mostly used by military personnel. It is logistically compatible with other weapon systems and cost-effective. The shooter always has a personal opinion and that ultimately influences their decision, the ruggedness of this gun is another added advantage. The cartridge was developed in the 1990s and it became famous for its special use. The bullet designs are innovative and killing long-range objects is extremely easy.
Things to be kept in mind while buying a best 338 Lapua rifle
Shooters need to be aware of some things before getting their hands on .338 lapua rifles.
- Better Accuracy – As it is mostly used by militaries, accuracy is definitely an advantage of these rifles.
- Hugely Expensive – The cost is much higher than other rifles and it the supply is low.
- Build for Precision Shooting – Professional shooters will find them particularly useful, the precision of .338 is surely impressive.
- Weight – These rifles are a bit heavier, due to the design; the bullets come out like lasers.
Shooters generally don’t worry about close targets; the long ones trouble them sometimes. By making minor adjustments, the rifle’s full potential can be unleashed. From Mauser to Savage, every company has something to offer. They are equally good, but some are a little bit better. Heavy snipers are preferred by militaries, mainly because of their power. Some big .50 BMG models are there, but the liabilities are too much. Their weight makes them impossible to carry, .338 variants are way better than them. People have developed their preference by watching movies and learning about military activity, they always choose some selected brands. The first tier rifles are definitely impressive, but there are some rifles people don’t know about.
Some of the best .338 Lapua Rifles
Savage Model 110 FCP HS Precision Rifle
Savage has come up with some excellent firearms in the recent years; every model has something special to offer. Shooters had an excellent experience with Savage 110 FCP; the results shocked them to some extent. It is different from the .308 rifles and the cost is just $1499, shooters couldn’t have asked for more. They rules of the business were completely changes, Savage did some magical things. The gun’s weight is not even 11 pounds; some shooters had doubts about its performance. A single word can describe this powerful weapon; it is really a “beast”. It is enough to scare the enemy away, the costlier guns are totally defeated. The users are in love with this best 338 lapua rifle, they have highlighted the various benefits of the model. The judgment of the shooter can develop while using it; it takes precision shooting to another level.
- Perfect for Long-range shooting: The sniper makes long distance shooting look easy, the precision system is extremely perfect. The force is preserved and the bullet hits the distant target on the perfect spot. It has the power to defeat obstacles and move barriers.
- Sturdy – The gun’s body is robust and it is very sturdy, the waitress position stock makes it stronger. Many shooters buy this gun, just for this reason.
- Smooth Action– From the shooting to the recoil, the action is very smooth. The trigger has no safety features, but professionals can manage with that. No jams were blockages were experienced and the magazine operated accurately. The shooter can stay at a safe distance and still hit the right target.
- Affordable– Savage has packed everything for a much lesser price and this has amazed users more than anything.
- Complicated Mechanism – Two buttons have to pressed together to load the magazine and it is very painful at times.
- Unavailability of parts – Some parts are not available in the market and this is one cause of worry for the shooters.
Sako TRG-42 .338 Lapua Bolt-Action Rifle
Sako’s rifles are not new; they are present in the market for years. The craze of Snipers took off recently, Sako utilized it perfectly. The very first TRG-21 was built in 1989, numerous modifications occurred after that. The TRG-41 variant supported the .338 cartridge and Sako revamped the design. The length is quite big and it almost touched four feet, the barrel is 27” long. Gripping the gun is easy, the textured finish is superb. To manage the recoil, a rubber pad has been provided with the buttplate. The pad never moves from its place and it fits well inside. Tactical rifles have numerous adjustable features, but Sako made it very flexible. They picked some useful features from target rifles and integrated them in this variety making it one of best 338 lapua rifles.
- The Design –Sako always uses hammer forged barrels and TRG rifles are no exception. The internal atmosphere is smoother ad grains are totally flatted out. Sako gets a minor economical advantage from this and they are happy to continue this.
- More Powerful – As the barrel length is bigger, the gun gets an obvious velocity advantage. The projectile’s ballistic coefficient also goes up. The entire mechanism improves the shooting.
- Easy Access – Sako increased the trigger size for easy access, the lever system works perfectly. There are two stages and the innovative trigger goes through both of them. Operators can make changes any time, every small part is adjustable.
- Customized magazine System – Sako personally designed the magazine and it functions faultlessly. Only Savage magazines can be used with it, the feeding is drastically improved.
- Safety Issues – The scope base can’t be found easily and this limits the functionality.
- Accuracy – It doesn’t score well in this department, accuracy results are not up to the mark. Shooters have tried various things, but it’s still the same.
Remington 700 MODEL 700 XCR TACTICAL
Shooters often find it hard to choose between tactical rifles and precision models. Synthetic stocks are not easy to handle, shooter somehow manage with that. Remington 700 XCR is a brilliant invention, it fires impressively and the ammunition is pocket-friendly. People choose Remington because they trust in this company, they don’t make faulty products. It’s a muscular device; it is powerful at the core and strong on the outside too. Aftermarket tuning is not needed with this gun; gunsmiths can modify the trigger though. The results can be termed as legendary, shooters will praise this forever. Custom triggers have their own advantage; users develop their grip after repeated usage.
- The Appearance – Apart from the performance, the XCR tactical looks extremely attractive. This sniper can be easily taken for hunting and other related practices. Right from the color scheme to the stock, Remington never makes any mistakes. The overlay adds a special class to it and looks are not the primary advantage.
- Amazing Scope – Professional shooters have discussed about the scope and they have mostly said good things. Remington has used the best scope in this tactical model.
- Impressive Mechanism – The device never gets heated up, the barrel fluting keeps it cool. It received a special coating to prevent corrosion. These small details make a gun powerful; Remington always aims the top spot.
- Accuracy – Accuracy is preserved in every shot, the cylindrical receiver is uniform and its strength is unparallel. The capacity of the magazines are sufficient, the floorplate is hinged.
- Extremely Costly – Remington’s advanced firearm is extremely costly and many operators will be discouraged for this. Advanced shooters will take the price into consideration, but beginners will definitely think twice.
- Performance - The shots are satisfactory, but there are better rifles.
AR rifles are predictable, shooters know them inside out. ArmaLite refreshed things a bit and launched a different AR rifle. It has some really impressive features and the previous features are totally refined. ArmaLite has been producing weapons for 12 years; they stuck to their basic rules. Recently, the engineers decided to improve a few things and strengthen the lineup. The previous models were impressive too, but the comparison is much easier now. This is a popular “target” variety, the accuracy is commendable. The accessory rails are developed and some important modifications were done to the buttstock. Shooters often adjust the cheek height to make themselves comfortable, AR-30 allows that.
- The Adjustments – ArmaLite gave the power to the users this time, they made the adjustments according to their wish. The stock adjusts easily and the rifle’s cheek piece is flexible. The range is brilliant too, the mechanism has clicked.
- Easy to carry – Carrying big rifles can be challenging, but theAr-30’sbuttstockcna be folded. The stock configuration is new and simplified, shooters are fond of it. They can try out various places to test accuracy.
- Better Scope Rails – This brand new addition is impressive and useful. The 18-inch scope rail supports other accessories. Special optics used at night can be fixed and there will be no shortage of space.
- Safety – ArmaLite knows heavy duty rifles should be safe, they changed a different thing. The trigger functions in a secure manner and shooters face no problems.
- Poor Recoil – Previous models showed similar recoil, AR-30 showed no significant changes.
- Weight – This is one thing, ArmaLite couldn’t manage. The heavy gun is too difficult to handle at times. The features are really advanced; they have picked the best things, so weight will not be a major problem.
Roy Weatherby did something amazing in 1940, he revolutionized the cartridge industry. The normal thought process of gun manufacturers were challenged, they accepted this product whole-heartedly. The cartridges introduced were extremely fast and the small bullets did the maximum damage. Producing bullets was no everything, he brought guns too. The new bullets got inside this special rifle and a new chapter began. There are numerous key features and these fine rifles are absolutely delightful. The trigger is tuned in the factory and this tool is totally flexible. The minute adjustment can be done quite easily, hunters want nothing more. Accuracy should be consistent, this gun excelled in every test. The trigger feels crisp on the fingers, the action is clean. The firing pin of this best 338 lapua rifle is locked directly with it and increased the safety.
- Controlled Release – Due to the smooth trigger action; the release is totally controlled. Shooters can concentrate on the target and slowly move the trigger; they normally achieve much greater accuracy.
- Temperature Control – The bolt body is very attractive, the gas ports are placed in the perfect positions. The pressure releases easily and the body temperature never goes up.
- Extremely Strong – The barrel of stainless steel has different sizes and the steel rings contribute to the sturdiness. The structural integrity powers this rifle and makes it even stronger.
- Accuracy – It performs well on all ammunitions, even if it is lead-free. The bullets travelled to long distances and this sniper is amazingly accurate. It is prepared to face any situation, shooters are impressed.
- Not Cheap – This powerful sniper is not cost-effective, the price touched $2,400. The value it gives is undeniable; this custom gun is highly recommended.
- Range - The range is not that impressive, Sako and other rifles offer much greater range.
Shooters choose best .338 rifles because of their accuracy and velocity. Hardcore professionals promote some rifles and people mainly buy them. Some good quality rifles are produced in England too, it costs a little more though. People involved in professional shooting circles are worried about the precision, the range also matters to them. Some models have along barrel and added attention is given to safety and other issues. If the strengthen and rigidity goes up, the weight will also be a bit on the higher side. Rifles which are not of the premium variety will cost much lesser.
But few things are extremely important. The action should be smooth; the amount of recoil should be less. Apart from concentrating on the cost, users should also think about the safety. Rifles with faulty actions shouldn’t be used; they never develop a person’s ability. It is extremely crucial to choose a model depending on the shooter’s expertise. By picking the correct rifle, users can level up and become experts. Similarly, personal preferences are also vital, some people strictly follow them. Costly rifles have their own advantages, but the technical know-how is vital. Unnecessary weigh never helped, lighter guns are easy to operate. The investment should be done wisely, .338 is an advanced stage.