Picking an AK 47 muzzle brake is a daunting task for the newbie but such an easy task for those who are acquainted with what to look for and how to go about it. Generally, the AK-47 barrel muzzles fit the 14mm X 1mm left-handed pattern threads. And it is important to know that the brakes are majorly designed to lessen the recoil thereby maintaining the accuracy of your shot. Away from what brakes are, below are reviews of the best AK 47 muzzle brake, followed by a guide on what to look for and how to look for the best AK 47 muzzle brake.
Our Top Picks for the Best AK 47 Muzzle Brakes
Mainly designed for the AK-47, this flash hider by Midwest Industries is one of the products to beat within the AK-47 platform. It is constructed out of durable hardened tool-steel and with a complementary Melonite finish, long term durability is guaranteed with this muzzle brake. But what makes it get a spot on the list of the best AK 47 muzzle brake is its ability to reduce muzzle flash and felt recoil with a lot of efficiencies.
Benefits of the Product
- Quality Design: A quality muzzle flash design is that which has been constructed for durability. Featuring a Melonite finish that complements the already super-tough tool-steel metal, the muzzle flash is one of the most durable of all its competitors.
- Out of the Box: The package doesn’t only come with the muzzle brake but also a manufacturer’s warranty and a crush washer with the latter being responsible for maintaining the efficiency of performance.
- Aesthetics: It comes with a corrosion resistant Melonite finish that ensures the muzzle flash is always aesthetically appealing even after extensive use.
- Performance: The muzzle flash features a design that reduces muzzle flash and felt recoil to considerable levels. This, in turn, improves the efficiency of the muzzle flash and shot performance.
- Only compatible with the M14X1.0 LH threaded firearms.
All in all, this is one great asset that I would recommend you consider adding to your AK-47 shooting accessories. This is because its cons are limited to other guns but with the AK-47, I find not a single drawback. It can therefore easily qualify as the best AK 47 Muzzle flash for many shooters.
The Tapco AK-47 Muzzle Device is the best AK 47 muzzle brake for the budget buyer is at will cost you not more than $15. It comes with a single plunger cutout that denotes “This side up” and has no ports on the lower or rather bottom side. It virtually eliminates the muzzle rise while substantially reducing felt recoil thereby allowing the fastest follow-up shots.
Benefits of the Product
- Performance: It substantially reduces the Ak-47’s felt recoil while at the same time virtually eliminating the muzzle rise.
- Price: Where else can you get a muzzle rise that completely eliminates muzzle climb at a cost of $15 and below?
- Solid Built: The material is stainless steel, the finish is matte black whereas the construction is solid, all of which are meant to give it a durable performance.
- Small Size: It measures just 2 inches long and weighs an ounce thereby making it to be one of the most portable AK-47 muzzle brakes.
- Comes with a blast that batters your neighboring shooters
Machined from steel and finished with a blue or black phosphate finish, this is one of the best AK 47 muzzle brake replacement for factory units. It is great in dampening recoil and decreasing muzzle rise and is 922 (r) - compliant. Other than just reducing the recoil, this is a beautiful product that will give your AK-47 a distinctive appearance.
This unit has is credited for being one of the best muzzle lift & felt recoil reducers without increasing the muzzle blast or noise. By directing the noise and gasses away from you, the ear shattering muzzle blast is truly obedient to this muzzle brake.
Benefits of the Product
- Versatility: This is one of the most versatile muzzle brakes I know off. Being a universal rifle unit, it doesn’t only provide the best performance with the AK-47 rifles but with almost all the other rifle platforms.
- Durable Construction: It is made of steel and comes with a polished blue finish. All these are done in the USA thus guaranteeing the quality of the muzzle brake.
- Quiet Performance: Most muzzle brakes will do a good job as far as muzzle rise and felt recoil reduction are concerned but end up causing a lot of noise. This one is one of the quietest muzzle brakes to ever have hit the market
- Efficient Performance: It neatly reduces the felts recoil and the muzzle flash thus improving the accuracy and velocity of your shots as well as allowing you faster follow-up shots.
This is one of the quietest muzzle brakes. It endeavors to reduce muzzle rise and felt recoil without being a noise nuisance to you or those next to you. All this is done to ensure there is no interference with the accuracy and velocity efficiency. For one of the best AK 47 muzzle brakes, consider going for this GENTRY muzzle brake
a stainless steel muzzle brake construction for the 7/16-28 threads and for caliber 22, the Shrewd number one Muzzle brake is one of the units you can trust within the middle price range of about $60. Made in the USA, it comes with 100% satisfaction guarantee thus you can truly trust it to do its work with commitment and effectively.
Benefits of the Product
- Quality Construction: It features a stainless steel construction, which is rust and corrosion resistant thus guaranteeing the durability of the muzzle brake. It is also made in the USA, if that’s important to you.
- Versatility: It is not only limited to the AK-47 but all the rifle platforms. You can, therefore, use it on all the rifles you own thus saving you off the costs you would have spent buying a unit for each rifle.
- Performance: It softens the felt recoil as well as minimizing the muzzle rise within its single expansion chamber having a total of 42 ports angled at 7 degrees forward. A maximum recoil control is thus realized.
- Can only be threaded to the 14X1mm or the 9/16-24mm left hand threaded barrels for proper safety margins to be guaranteed.
What makes this unit to score high as one of the best AK 47 muzzle brake is its unique 42-port expansion chamber and the non-vented bottom & top that reduces muzzle rise while at the same time limiting dust signature. In return, you have one of the most efficient muzzle brake performers.
Guiding Principles of Choosing the Best Muzzle Brakes
Muzzle brakes have generally been designed to be installed on the gun muzzles to counter unwanted barrel rise and recoil. Barrel rise and recoil are two factors that can really negatively impact the efficacy of your firearms, especially the AK-47 platform. It is, therefore, important that necessary measures be taken to reduce such unwanted occurrences. When looking for the best AK 47 muzzle brake, there are important things that you must consider.
a) Muzzle Brake Types
There are three main types of muzzle brakes, depending on their functions. These are the recoil & muzzle rise reducing muzzle brakes, the flash reducing muzzle brakes and the sound reducing muzzle brakes. In the case of an AK 47, it is always almost the case that you will need a recoil & muzzle rise reducing muzzle brake. In addition, you may want something to reduce the flash or that which will reduce the ear shattering muzzle blast. Know exactly the type you need before making a decision.
b) Barrel Length & Muzzle Durability
There is a lot of heat being generated when shooting. The super hot gasses that are emitted can considerably reduce the life of your muzzle device. The best AK 47 muzzle brakes are therefore those that come with the best quality materials, mainly steel. And to make the device even more durable, the device should feature a durable finish such as the black matte, Melonite, and stainless steel finish among others. This way, you guarantee that the muzzle device will be corrosion and rust resistant thereby improving the device’s durability even the more
c) Size & Weight
If you thought that a heavy and long muzzle brake only interferes with portability, then it is a high time you knew that even the accuracy of your gun will greatly be compromised. Long and heavy devices greatly interfere with the balance of the gun thus automatically reducing accuracy and overall performance of the gun. The best AK 47 muzzle brakes will, therefore, be the lightest and shortest possible.
d) Reviews & Reputation
Just like in any other product, muzzle brake manufacturers are capable of advertising a product in such a way as to please the buyer yet the real performance is a great issue. It is thus important that before you can let your money get out of your pockets or account, you should read reviews and ask some of your fellow shooters to give you a hint on what they know about the muzzle brake you want to consider or if there is a better product they can recommend. Don’t just be fooled by adverts but rather be guided by authentic reviews.
These are the best AK 47 muzzle brake products today’s market has to offer. It is important to know that each one of them has its own advantages, which you may not get on the other. Some are so compact that they will require no work at all to install and remove whereas others are silent enough to give you and your neighboring shooters some peace of mind. All in all, look for the best product that will make your shooting more fun and safer.