Vortex is one of the few companies to have entered any already established market with a bang! Having been around for just over a decade, since 2002, many may think that it has been in existence since the early 1900’s.
In fact, today many people are more acquainted with Vortex than they are with Leopold with a good number of those who haven’t been in the industry for long having hardly heard of the Aimpoint and Eotech companies.
The Vortex Spitfire 3X is one clear testimony of what the company has been doing over these couple of years to earn itself a place in the already established market. With this Vortex Spitfire 3X review, I doubt whether you will think twice about such an incredible product.
The Spitfire features two flavors namely the 1X and the 3X options, with this review mainly putting emphasis on what the 3X is, what it is not, what it can do and what it cannot do.
The Spitfire 3X has specifically been designed for the AR platform, basing its design around the 5.56 X 45 cartridge for rapid shooting under both the long and short ranges. It provides the shooters with holdover as well as range references between 0-500 yards.
Special Features of the Vortex Spitfire 3X
Pros and Cons
- Quality Reticle Performance: Featured is a nice & guarantees brightness at any setting. The reticle is etched into the prism and disregards the use of a BDC/simple rangefinder and the use of batteries.
- Efficient Performance: This can partly be credited to the quality reticle, the crystal clear lenses as well as the overall construction quality
- The Best Product for the Buck: Under $300, there is no other product that produces better performance than this Vortex sighting accessory. In fact, it is better than even some of the higher end products. It, therefore, can be termed as the best or excellent value high-quality gun optic device.
- Versatility: It comes with accessory rails that come in handy when offset optics is to be mounted together with this optic device.
- The 12.2-ounce weight is rather quite heavy when compared to some other sighting accessories
- It takes a whopping 5.5 inches of rail mounting space
After zeroing, most of the Vortex Spitfire 3X reviews gives it credit for being an amazing gun sighting accessory. Its clear glasses and light transmission may not be realized by amateurs but it is what results from such clear glasses and light transmission: accuracy and clarity, that they are all buzzing about. The scope locks pretty well and features an overall great external construction. The only downside that a few customers are suggesting would have been improved are the turrents which aren't the best for some users, especially those who have used higher end scopes as can be denoted from what they are making comparisons with.
>> Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 AR Scope Review
>> Best Scope for Ruger 10/22
>> Finding the Best 1-6x Scope for Your Rifle
>> Best Long Range Scope: A Buying Guide And All You Wanted To Know
>> 450 Bushmaster Hunting Scope
This Vortex Spitfire 3X review shows us that the Spitfire is a great optic device, featuring a high quality construction and performance all at a great price. It is tough enough thus versatile for almost any form of serious work such as law enforcement or even competition among others. It is highly dependable when it also comes to tactical scenarios and self-defense, thanks to its fast target acquisition ability. If you are having a budget of about $400 or less, go for this scope, which will hardly cost you $300.