Gone are the days when people would just be content with guns in their skeleton forms. Today, modification is the order of the day, with the addition of the micro red dot optics being one of the most popular modifications.
In the near past, if you intended to modify your pistol with the use of red dots, only three options were available namely: the Trijicon RMR, which is crazily expensive, the Burris Fastfire 3 that though affordable is incredibly large and bulky for many, and the Vortex Venom that was ridiculously large but affordable.
This Vortex Viper Red Dot review brings to you a great product that produces incredible performances with its relatively small size and affordable price. It's like an amalgamation of the Vortex Venom and the Trijicon RMR.
The Vortex Viper Red Dot comes with a super-low mounting height offering a perfect handgun solution. It offers shooters the speed and simplicity advantage and in conjunction with the suppressor height iron sights, you end up with a perfect sighting accessory in all respects. The 6 MOA dot ensures fast target when aiming to shoot, with the result being fast target acquisition and execution.
Pros and Cons
Pros of the Vortex Viper Red Dot
- Lightweight Construction: It is one of the lightest gun optic devices as it weighs at mere 1.1 ounces with the battery already installed.
- Durability: The toughness of the Vortex Viper Red Dot can be described as being as tough as nails. The product features a shockproof construction which ensures it is safe even upon dropping off. Its waterproof feature boosts its durability even the more.
- Versatility: This can be seen from the fact that the product features the red dot tint which is of great use at night and the ten different brightness control levels means you will use your sighting device in almost all the lighting conditions
- It Never Forgets: The Vortex Viper Red Dot will always remember the last brightness setting level you left it at. Upon powering it off and a subsequent switching on, the most recent brightness setting will be retrieved thus making work easier for the user.
- It features the CR2032 battery type which is not that easy to find in some countries. The battery is also the not so much preferable bottom load design. The battery life is also shorter than that of the RMR
- It is a bit longer than the Trijicon RMR
The only negative review that is almost universal, specifically to those who had used the Trijicon RMR is the fact that the battery life of the Vortex Viper Red Dot is a bit disappointing. However, it is still far much better than the battery lives of some of the other red dots on the market.
Other than that, the Vortex Viper Red Dot review give credit to the clear lenses of the sighting device as well as the fast target acquisition. It is an excellent optic that will well sit on most of the pistols and rarely bother you with the zeroing issues that frequently bother those using other sub-standardized sights. It is a highly recommendable sighting accessory.
As per this Vortex Viper Red Dot review, it is evident that this product is a darling and joy to own and use. In spite of the bottom load battery feature and its .75mm additional length, the product is amazing. You will love its performance in any terrain and environment, thanks to the wide brightness level range and the low profile, waterproof & rugged construction that makes this to be possible. The result is a Red Dot sighting device that produces excellent results when it comes to defensive and offensive requirements.