A gun safe offers protective and secure storage for one or several firearms together with ammunitions among other shooting accessories. Basically, these containers are used to ensure that unauthorized use of your guns is prevented. In addition, in the case of vandalism, an avalanche, organic calamity or fire, safes will secure your guns and anything that will be in the safe during the time of such misfortunes.
Reasons Why You Should Buy A Good Gun Safe
There are five main reasons why in one way or the other you will have to buy a gun safe:
- To Keep Children Safe: Owning a gun is a good thing but in the event that you have children in the house, a constant threat of possible accidental harm is imminent. You don’t want to have your kid who has been watching action movies try to emulate what he has been watching while using a real gun in their hands. Buy a safe and you will save your family.
- Safety from Theft: There is a potential of losing your gun into the hands of thieves and other intruders. However, you no longer need to worry much as there are gun safes you can use to securely keep your rifles from thieves.
- Protection against Fire: Most of the modern gun safes are also fireproofs. In the event of a fire, you are sure of getting your firearms and anything that was in these safes. This tells you that the gun safes can also be used to store very important documents.
- Keep Other Valuables in Safety: Just as mentioned above, you don’t need to be in the possession of a gun for you to need a gun safe. You can use these safes to securely keep some of your valuables and you will benefit from all the advantages above.
- Gun Safes for Beauty: Today, most of these safes aren’t only designed for safety storage but also for aesthetics. Imagine that gun safe having a glossy finish complemented by the game embroideries?
Access prevention is a legal requirement. If you are a gun owner or you are planning to own one soon, it is a high time you start budgeting for a gun safe. There are many types and brands of gun safes in the market. These range in price from as low as less than $100 to over $3000. In this article, we shall commit our time to discuss the best gun safes under 1000 dollars. Below are some of the things you should look for in a gun safe before spending your money on them.
Something to considers when choosing best gun safe under $1000
It is important to mention that gun safes today are basically made of steel. When shopping for these products, ensure that the safe you go for has got heavy duty steel so that it can’t easily be broken into no matter what. Remember that you are buying the safe to keep intruders out. This is your main aim. Intruders can only be kept at bay if the door of the safes is strong enough to make it impossible for an intruder to even contemplate breaking into these cabinets.
There will be no sense for you to have a gun safe that can easily be stolen. Remember that some intruders may want to carry the safe in the event that they are not able to break into it while it is in your home. This calls for the best gun safe under 1000 to be heavy enough and come with bolting features that enable it to securely be bolted on the floor. Bolting is also important in ensuring safety to the personnel operating the safe.
c) Storage Capacity
Know exactly how many guns you need to store and if there are any additional products you would want to store. This will allow you to choose the exact capacity and the appropriate shelving system.
d) Secure Locks
Locks come in three varieties namely digital, combination locks and key locks with the latter being the cheapest and the hardest to use in case of an emergency. When and if possible, go for the digital locks.
e) Fire Protection
Because of the fact that you will most likely be storing some of your valuable documents and treasures in the gun safes, it would be prudent to go for a unit that is fireproof.
f) UL Certification
Certification of gun safes from the UL (Underwater Laboratory) ensures you have a safe that meets security container storage recommendations.
Some of the best gun safes under 1000 have very long warranties with a number of them coming with lifetime warranties.
Reviews of the 5 Best Gun Safes Under 1000
Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes AMSW592818-blk
This is not just among the sturdiest but together with its 16 Long counterparts, they are standouts in terms of sturdiness in the market. It has a great capacity and features a triple-tough construction that makes it one of the most secure as well as among the best fireproof products within its range. And with a digital override that forces the door back into the safe in case of an attempted break in, you have a safe that you can really depend upon.
- Fire Protection: With a 45-minute fire protection duration at a rating of 1550 F, this safe is one that you can trust to store and keep almost anything.
- Spacious: With a 59 by 28 by 18-inch dimensions, the product is the most spacious and the best gun safe under 1000
- Quality Built: Features fortified anchor bolts and is constructed using heavy duty metals thus guaranteed protection and fireproof
- Its product listings suggest that it holds 20 long rifles but in the real sense, it averages between 12 and 16.
- No interior lighting
If you are in need of a secure safe that will guarantee the safety and security of your long guns, then this 20 Long Steelwater heavy duty safe will be your best gun safe under 1000.
Stack-On FS-24-MG-C 24-Gun Fire Resistant Safe with Combination Lock
This is a safe you can recommend to any friend or comrade without the fear of disappointing them. The safe features 4 adjustable shelves and is capable of holding up to 24 firearms that are 54” or less. The interior is full carpeted and the safe is fire resistant.
- Built Quality: It comes with a hunter green epoxy paint exterior finish with silk-screen and gold accents on the door thus making it very elegant.
- Spacious: This safe has enough room to store up to 24 firearms. Its adjustable shelves make it easy for you to arrange and organize the safe as you wish.
- Its Digital: The safe comes with an electronic locking technology that has a keypad where you can set 3-8 digit code combination to use in closing and opening the safe’s door.
- Not recommended for storage of CDs and other electronic accessories
This is a fireproof model that is capable of resisting fire as long as the fire doesn’t raze for more than 45 minutes. In addition, it has passed all the standards that have been set by the Californian state Department of Justice.
Winchester Ranger Deluxe 19-7-E Gun Safe; 24 Gun Capacity (Black) (Electronic Lock)
There is no list of gun safe manufacturers that can claim completion if it lacks the Winchester and there is equally no list of the best gun safes under 1000 that can be complete without the Winchester Ranger Deluxe 19-7 E Gun Safe. It comes with 60" x 28"x 23" exterior dimensions and Interior dimensions of 56"x 25"x14" and a weight of 560 pounds
- Lifetime Warranty: A manufacturer never gives lifetime warranties if they aren’t sure that the product they are selling you will serve you your entire lifetime
- Fire Protection: Not only will your guns be safe but your testimonials and titles will also be under the most secure protection from humans and calamities. Its fire protection is rated at 1400 F for 1 hour
- Spacious: This is one safe that has a big capacity that is capable of holding up to 24 guns. In terms of price versus capacity ratio, this would be the best gun safe under 1000.
- Made in the USA
- Doesn’t have an electrical outlet
With this gun safe, you have an excellent way of not only protecting but also securely keeping your guns, ammo, documents, jewelry and other valuables.
Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe Model # QAP1BE
Only intruders should find it difficult to gain access to your safe. On the other hand, it should be as easy as ABC for you to access these safety cabinets. When there is an intruder in your house, it should be very easy for you to grab one of your defense guns from the safe. This is exactly the description of the Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Safe. The safe comes with a feature that allows the user to program their fingerprint together with their combination for reliably quick entry. It comes with exterior dimensions of 3.2 in x 12.0 in x 9.9 in and interior dimensions of 2.2 in x 9.7 in x 6.6 in.
- Strength and Durability: Featuring a heavy duty solid 12-gauge steel construction, the unit is very strong and secure making it appear in the list of the best gun safe under 1000
- Spacious: The product features big enough space for easy storage of full-size handguns together with an assortment of valuables.
- Efficient Quick Access: With a combination and your fingerprint, you are assured of quick and very reliable access.
- Quiet Performance: It features a whisper-quiet gas strut that ensures an intruder’s attention isn't aroused. Remember you need every single second and accuracy when preparing to combat an intruder.
- Some customers find its manual quite unclear
- Its biometric system is a little too sensitive
For Sentry Safe to remain in a market where many companies have joined and departed, it clearly means that the work they do is quality work that can’t be competed. Look at the customer reviews and ratings of this product and you will buy it “before immediately.”
V-Line Brute Heavy Duty Safe with Quick Access Lock
With the reputation that V-Line has developed as being one of the best gun safe manufacturers, you end up with one of the best gun safes under 1000. It is a safe that is commonly used in the secure storage of not only guns but also jewelry, gadgets, documents and other treasures. Its outer dimensions are 12.5-in x 9.5-in x 3.6-in, whereas the inner dimensions are 12-in x 9-in x 3.25-in
- Strong and Durable: The safe features a 10 gauge steel construction that comes with an anti-pry reinforcement design. This makes it almost impossible for an intruder to gain access of the safe.
- Easy Installation and Use: The safe can easily be mounted and it uses keyless lock thus necessitating for quick access when need be. The opening is gas aided thus making convenience even better. It is cheap to operate as it needs no battery for it to operate.
- Quality Build: It features customizable interior foam, reinforced continuous hinge and a welded pin in addition to its four holes for easy mounting and a heavy duty mechanical lock.
- Elegance: This safe features a superior finish and a 12 gauge steel handle both of which have well been engineered for an aesthetic appeal.
- Desiccant and mounting screws haven’t been included in the package
This is a heavy duty safe that guarantees secure storage of your guns and other home and office valuables. It can be used at home, office, shop or even in a vehicle while transporting valuables. The product weighs 22 pounds, lacks any noticeable faults or welds and has proven to other users that it is worth being categorized among the best gun safes under 1000.
If you own a gun, buying a safe is a necessity. Though the more expensive safes that goes for up to over $3000 may have their own additional features, safes that are priced below $1,000 will equally do you a lot of good. In this list, the Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Safe is the best gun safe under 1000. It features a heavy duty construction, is spacious enough, easy to access and is fireproof thus offering your arms, ammo and other valuables maximum security and protection.