The climbing tree stand technology is one of the most exciting innovations to ever have hit the hunting industry. Climbing tree stands are fantastic hunting gears that have made it possible for hunters to take full advantage as they can sneak into a prime hunting area, climb a tree and wait for the game with lots of safety being guaranteed. The problem comes when you are looking for the best climbing tree stand on the market as today’s market is really over flooded with types and brands of climbing stands. With that in mind, this article will make it easier for you to get the right piece for your hunting expeditions.
What To Consider While Buying Best Climbing Tree Stands
a) Hunting Location & Tree Types
This is one of the most important considerations and should be the first thing you need to look at. The most suitable trees for your stand need to be almost or rather fairly straight, having no low branches as the lower the branches, and the more difficult it will be for you to find your way up the tree. The trees also need to have enough back as this is what the stand will dig into, in order to get firm attachment
It is essential that you feel entirely comfortable when on these stands. It is worth noting that you will sit waiting for extended periods and if it isn’t comfortable, you may end up giving up prematurely. You really don’t want to become stiff or have sores as a sore back will make you give up on hunting.
Consider going for a climbing stand that comes with a thick padded seat for comfort and a relaxed feel as you sit waiting for your golden shooting moment. Models that come with a backrest also boost your comfort even further
c) Weight Limit
The best climbing Treestand for you is that which is capable of supporting your body weight together with your hunting gear and equipment. Some of the best models on the market are capable of supporting up to 350 pounds. These are the models I would go for.
The very last thing you want to imagine about a climbing tree stand is a scenario where you end up falling down simply because the stand you were using wasn’t sturdy enough to support you. You also don’t want to end up falling because there were no enough barriers to prevent you from falling, from the sides. Look for a sturdy product that can’t break. Also, consider going for the fall arrest technologies such as the 3-4 or 6 point harness among others. Just ensure that the Fall Arrest System of the product of choice is OSHA approved and you are set to go.
Experienced hunters don’t always limit their hunting activities to the forest edges alone but they go deep into the woods. They also will not restrict themselves to a single spot but will instead at some point need to change locations. As a hunter, you will need to have hunting accessories that are easy to move around with. The best climbing tree stands are those that are lightweight, weighing less than 25 pounds, and have easy to carry features such as a backpack strap.
The best climbing tree stands are those that feature heavy duty metals that are sturdy and rust resistant. One of such materials includes aluminum and steel among others.
The Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Treestand
The Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Treestand opens our list of the best climbing tree stands. This product presents the user with a fresh way of surveying the hunting field at a safe position, high on the tree. Its main selling feature that has driven all those who have used it crazy is its portability. It is exceedingly lightweight and doesn’t have a bulky feel. Besides, for convenient transport, it comes with backpack straps.
Benefits of the Product
- Ultra Noise Reduction: This product comes with the legendary DeadMetal sound deadening feature that ensures there is minimalistic noise production when under use hence reduced risks of startling the game. This is in addition to the QuickDraw Cable retention system that guarantees fast & quiet stand attachment
- Portability: It is extremely lightweight, less bulky and comes with the unique backpack straps that make it very easy to transport the stand to the hunting site.
- Stability: Its design incorporates 5-channel aluminum platform that guarantees sufficient support when you are positioning, aiming and shooting
- Durability: It comes with the SummitLokt precision-welded aluminum that results in a superior tough and strong stand
- It is also very easy to climb
- Its assembly instructions aren’t that clear.
This is an absolutely perfect solution for bow hunters, credits given to the Mossy Oak camo pattern which makes it very difficult for the target games to spot it or you. And with the legendary DeadMetal Sound-deadening technology, which reduces noise it produces when under use, you have absolute camouflage that makes it very easy for you to have successful hunts.
Lone Wolf Wide Sit & Climb Combo II Climbing Tree Stand
The stand is yet another incredibly lightweight product that weighs just 21 pounds but is capable of supporting up to about 350 pounds. It is a compact stand that can even be made to be more compact by simply folding it down into its unique lightweight and compact 5-inch pack. As a result, you have a stand that is very easy to carry to the woods
Benefits of the Product
- Portability: At just 21 pounds (which is very lightweight for a tree stand), 5-inch folded compact design, and backpack straps, the stand is very portable and easy to transport
- Versatility: Unlike most of the other tree stands out there, this one is very versatile when it comes to attachment to trees as it can be attached on a wide ray of the said trees. It can be attached to trees with trunk diameters between 6 inches and 19 inches.
- Durability: It features a heavy-duty aluminum construction that enables it to rank as one of the most durable tree stands. Being rust proof, the stand stands the test of time
- Camouflage: It bears a gray camo, which is responsible for making the stand to match the hunting zone’s surroundings. It becomes absolutely difficult for the game to spot it.
- Quite pricey
- The platform is a little shorter and there are no stirrups to secure your feet
This stand features a padded platform, which makes the user be comfortable as they wait for that perfect game and shooting moment. And with a large platform together with a 6-point harness system, this is not just the best climbing tree stand but one of the safest.
Summit Treestands 180 Max SD Climbing Treestand
Summit is producing some of the best hunting accessories as far as climbing and tree standing is concerned. No wonder three of its products can appear on the list of 5 best climbing tree stands. This particular tree stand comes with a unique height adjustable and reversible seat which is the main feature that has made it sell like a hot cake.
Benefits of the Product
- Comfort: It comes with a big size and features a very comfortable, adjustable and reversible seat that guarantees your comfort as you wait for the best shooting moments
- Camouflage: Unlike other climbing tree stands that are great camouflage products where there is foliage, this one comes with a design that enables you to camouflage even where there is no or little foliage. Its Mossy Oak pattern will also enhance difficulty of detection
- Lightweight and High Weight Capacity: At approximately 23 lbs, the product is lightweight as compared with other stands. And its 350-pound weight capacity is one of the highest
- Durability, Support, and Safety: It features a highly durable extruded aluminum that is welded to offer durability and support. Its SummitLokt feature on the other side is great for keeping you safe from falling.
- It comes with an overall 38-inches length, which makes its portability to be a real issue
- Quite pricey
We are talking about a durable climbing tree stand that camouflages you in three ways namely: a unique design that makes it possible to hide behind the tree, a Mossy Oak appearance that makes it get lost in the woods and a unique craftsmanship that ensures it doesn’t make noise that will startle the game. These features make it find itself on the list of the best climbing tree stands.
Summit Titan Sd Climbing Treestand Summit Treestands Su81118
This is yet another best climbing tree stand from Summit. We may seem to be biased towards Summit but the experts and users are. Getting an average of 4.7 stars out of 5 after more than 20 reviews means it is a standout. The stand comes with the Summit’s patented DeadMetal Sound deadening feature that basically works by filling expanding foam to some of the most critical areas of the platform. This reduces sounds and creaks that always result as you set up the stand.
Benefits of the Product
- Reputation: It is rare to find such a high rating and such moving reviews from such a high number of reviewers as you would find on this product
- Comfortable: It comes with a spacious platform and a fully padded seat, all of which offer comfort as you wait for the game and during shooting.
- Great Design! Great Performance: Features a solid front bar that assists you in climbing as well as acting as a gun rest
- Safety and Easy Set Up: The product is easy to set up and comes with summit stirrups that ensure your legs are secure. Its 25-pound lightweight feature also makes it easy to transport.
- Its seat backing gets a bit noisy when it’s on the tree
This tree stand comes with one of the broadest climbing areas as well as a roomy platform for the accommodation of additional hunting supplies especially if you have a longer game hunting plan. It is one of the most comfortable and most sturdy climbing Treestands on the market
Ol Man Multi Vision Steel Tree Climber
This is a favorite for a lot of bow hunters with the main reason for its liking being the fact that it features safety bars, which perfectly encircles the shooter as they draw their bows. It will especially be your best climbing tree stand if you are that bow hunter who often gets worried about the cam or limb bottom of your bow coming into contact after release.
Benefits of the Product
- Quiet Operation: It has been designed to prevent the production of noise after bow hunters release their arrows, even if the limb bottom of the bow gets into contact with the body of the climbing tree stand.
- Versatility: You have the description of discarding the rail that the stand originally came with, thereby replacing it with a curved bar that will act as a gun rest or a foot rest.
- Safety: Features safety bars that encircle the hunter perfectly during and after a draw thus ensuring that you will not follow the arrow.
- Durability: Comes with a solid heavy-duty steel metal construction that ensures that this climbing tree stand is you companion season in, season out.
- It’s very heavy
- It is also very rust susceptible
This is a relatively compact designed tree stand, having no-frills thereby guaranteeing quiet operation. And its ComfortTech Mesh seat ensures you are comfortable as you wait for your turn. In a nutshell, the Ol Man Multi Vision is one of the best climbing tree stands in 2017.
The best climbing tree stands or the latest model isn’t able to guarantee you a trophy. These products only complement your tireless scouting, persistence and the sound wind strategy. In other words, once you have the best climbing tree stand, you should be able to be well versed with all the dynamics surrounding hunting with a climbing tree stand and you will have your trophy.