You have already overcome the question whether you need to acquire an AR 15 Muzzle Brake or not and now, you are wondering how you can lay your hands on the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake. You already know that muzzle breaks are essentially designed to release the gas venting from the muzzle of your gun and spread it in different directions thus reducing the recoil effect felt and as a result, the muzzle rise is reduced.
You also know that such reduction of muzzle rise improves one’s accuracy as well as reducing the energy you use on shooting. You are also probably aware that some muzzles are capable or reducing muzzle flash as well as suppressing sound and are convinced that a muzzle brake would be a great addition to your shooting expedition. Unfortunately, you don’t know how to get the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake. In this review, your concerns will be greatly demystified.
>> Buying Guide And Reviews Of The Best AK 47 Muzzle Brakes
>> Investigation of the Best 308 Muzzle Brake
>> How To End Up With The Best 9mm Suppressor In The Market
>> Best 7.62 Suppressor: Ultimate Buying Guide & Reviews
Things You Must Know
- First of all, you need to know the type of muzzle break you need
- You have factor in your price range in the search
- The gun you want to use the muzzle for (AR 15)
- Differences between brands.
How To Choose the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake
a. Muzzle Brake Type
Choosing the muzzle brake type you want should always be the first thing you should do. Muzzle brakes come with different additional functions. Some brakes will reduce recoil; others will reduce flash whereas others would even reduce noise. It will be important for you to know whether you are going for a muzzle brake that only does the work of muzzle rise management, or those that have flash and sound suppressors would do well for you. If your intent is to use the gun for hunting, flash suppressors and sound suppressors must be considered lest you startle the game and lose a shot that you had perfectly and accurately made.
Different muzzle brakes come with different styles and finishes with some brands being known for having some unique patented features. These features cut across all the products within a given brand name and may be unavailable in other brand names. It would be wise enough for you to take some time to research on these brands before narrowing down to the specific products.
Coming down to the products, it will be of great interest for you to seek for the reviews, recommendations and testimonials for and against the product that has impressed you. this way, you will be able to know if the majority of those who use the muzzle brake for the same purpose as your intended purpose were impressed with its performance or not. This enables you to make an informed decision that will enable you to end up with the best AR 15 muzzle brake in the market
c. Size and Weight
Your gun or rather rifle is already cumbersome enough due to its weight. Any additional weight and length will not only be a drawback on the side of accuracy but also cause a lot of tiredness. Any extra weight and increased size affects the balance of the weapon. The increased length will also affect the way you maneuver around with the weapon to bear on the game or other targets. Increase in length can also become an issue with ATF compliance. The best AR 15 muzzle brakes are therefore the shortest and lightest possible.
d. Suppressor Compatibility
You most likely are planning to keep your rifle silent. If that is so, your choice of muzzle break will get limited. The best AR 15 muzzle brakes are those that are compatible with sound suppressors. Often times, these products are fitted with an adapter for enhancing the compatibility. Even still, there are some muzzle brakes that are only compatible with limited number of suppressors whereas others are compatible with a wide range of them. It will be up to you to weigh options.
e. Thread Pitch & Caliber
Different muzzle brakes fit different threads and are compatible with different types and sizes of caliber. Not all the muzzles will be compatible with the most common 12-inch-28 types. Some have been designed for the 5/8-inch-24 (.308) etc. you must therefore first understand your rifle after which you can be able to choose the best AR 15 muzzle brake for the right thread pitch & caliber for the right barrel.
f. Barrel Length and Durability of the Muzzle
A lot of heat is always generated during shooting through the intensification of the super hot gas pressures produced. This can greatly reduce the life of a muzzle if they weren’t made using quality materials. The Best AR 15 Muzzle Brakes are those that feature sturdy constructions, and have been made using tough materials such as stainless steel, not forgetting proper coating for extended use.
Reviews of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brakes
Precision Armament EFAB Hybrid Muzzle Brakes
Are you in the list of those rare people who will accept nothing but only the best? Then the Precision Armament EFAB has been developed and constructed for you. Remember, cheap is expensive. This product is the final destination for only those who will not complain about the price tag of just the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake.
- Designed to function with barrels of at least 10-inch length
- Fits any rifle with .223/5.56 with ½-28 muzzle thread specifications
- Closed bottom for reduction of dust signature
- Pilot hole for easy permanent mounting on the 14.5 inch barrels
- Addition of a Precision Armament Accu-Waher Muzzle Alignment Device makes installation easy and quick
- Electrochemical Fabrication (EFAB)
- Patented Ionbond high temperature CrCN coating for low light reflection and natural lubrication
- Looks very cool
- Low muzzle flash
- Great compensator performance
- Little increase noise/ concussion over A2
- Very nice machining
- Relatively high cost
- Additional shim kit isn’t included in the package thus separately bought
- Adds almost 0.5” to the weapons length over the A2
All these features have been incorporated in the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake to serve the purpose of diffusing and cooling the burning gases thus greatly reducing the noise levels.
The Medieval™ Muzzle Brake is one of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brakes that will guarantee you a steady stance during rapid firing. With a rugged construction, the brake improves control together with accuracy when on full auto and rapid fire. And its diamond-shaped teeth have been designed to aggressively come to use during close quarter battles.
- Construction features a heat-treated ordnance steel
- 5.56/.223 (1/2 x 28 TPI) 2.25-inch OAL
- When permanently attached, it is post ban compliant
- Rugged construction
- A2 style muzzle brake finish
- Diamond –shaped teeth pattern brake for enhancing a Close Quarters Battle (CQB) strike
- Parkerized for gas erosion and element resistance
- Accepts and increase the effectiveness of suppressors
- Mounted on the ½-28 TPI rifles
- Simple but very effective in control of muzzle rise
- Relatively cheap product
- A great entry level product
- Compatible with a wide range of sound suppressors
- Quite average for a discriminative buyer who only settles for the high end products
- Not as effective as its high end counterparts
This is one of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake that is tough enough to come in aid during situations when a breaching device needs to be improvised.
SilencerCo AR-15 Saker Trifecta Muzzle Brakes
This can be termed as the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake for flexibility and multitasking. This is because in addition to curbing the pesky muzzle climb, it is also credited for its versatility to accept a suppressor. The only drawback about this feature is that only SilencerCo Saker suppressors are accepted. You really would have wanted an option that accepts a wide range of sound suppressors.
- Accepts a sound suppressor
- Easy switching with just a single hand
- 2 versions i.e. 5/8×24 threads for 7.62 rifle and 1/2×28 threads for 5.56 rifle
- 3-port design for easier follow up of shots
- 17-4 machined stainless steel construction
- 22 caliber (.223-.224)
- Nitride finish for enhanced durability even under such high rifle heats
- Workable price below $100
- Elegant and durable
- Easy installation
- Tough and great value
- Improved comfort as well as faster shot follow up
- Two versions to choose from
- Proven recoil reduction
- Limited option of sound suppressors it accepts
Just keep in mind that a majority, if not all the brand manufacturers tend to make an accessory for their products no wonder only SilencerCo Saker suppressors are compatible with this Muzzle brake.
For those shooters who aren’t into Tacticool, yet are still in need of one of the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake and an effective one in that case, then the VAIS AR-15 in your final destination. The product is great for its ability to offer effective control of muzzle rise through diffusion of muzzle blast via the use of multiple gas dispersion holes laid at 360 degrees. This allows faster, even and effective venting of gas.
- Effective muzzle rise control
- Blast diffusion technology
- Multiple holes laid at 360 degrees for even and faster gas venting
- Stainless steel construction with a matte finish or finished with matte black in conjunction with manganese phosphate
- Fits the .223/5.56mm rifles and a standard of 1/2×28 threads and
- Great performance in muzzle rise control
- Sturdy durable construction
- Great customer care associates on standby
- Some muzzle brakes are cheaper
This is yet another very simple quality product that has proven to be a great performer and a better option for many shooters. It is versatile, durable and efficient in what it does. If you are a shooter who has been disappointed by the previous brake you bought, this is the Best AR 15 Muzzle Brake for your rifle.
The factors mentioned above would really do you a lot of good as you try to ensure that you get your hands on to only the very best AR 15 Muzzle Brake that your money can buy. In addition, if you make the decision of taking one of the products reviewed above, you will never go wrong. Our best bet is the Precision Armament EFAB Hybrid Flash Hider & Muzzle Brakes which is durable and combines the much sought for functions of flush reduction, muzzle rise management and sound suppression. You will never go wrong with this product.