People of different calibers all over the world use guns for various reasons. Some for hunting, some for security and protection purposes while some use it for leisure activities. Regardless of the purpose, it is very essential to ensure that you understand the best type of gun that will give you the desirable results for your specific need. 22 LR revolvers are among the most commonly used typed of guns out there. However, it is important to know that this type of guns come in various models. This variety of models, brands, and features makes it relatively tricky when it comes to choosing the best 22 LR Revolver.
This article, however, will give you insights on the best 22 LR revolver machines in the market, their features, benefits, pros, cons and how to choose the best one for you.
Any type of a 22 RL revolver is a dangerous weapon that can cause serious injuries and deaths to the users and non-users if poorly handled. This message is, therefore, essential to any first buyer or user of this type of weapon to understand that there is fundamental need of ensuring that you understand how to use it well and safely. You need to get sufficient and appropriate training on how to handle guns before even considering shopping for one to avoid cases of deaths and injuries that might arise as a result of improper handling.
How to shop for the best 22 LR revolver
Revolver guns come in different models, sizes, brands, qualities and functionalities. It would be relatively difficult to identify an ideal one, especially if you are a first-time shopper. More importantly, the buck stops on whatever purpose you need the gun for and other factors too. You have to be very specific when looking for the best of this item. The good news is that I have compiled a few elements that you might guide you when choosing the revolver gun for you
This refers to the bullet size that your preferred .22 LR revolver can be able to fit. It is an important consideration because it ultimately causes and effects on the overall performance of your gun. Either way, you can think of buying one with lower caliber so as to prevent situations of recoil-induced inaccuracy.
3. Your experience
This aspect goes hand in hand with usability. Apparently, there are people who buy guns for the first time and have never made any kind of shot from any gun. There are also those that have massive experience in handling different types of guns in their lifetime. Considering this two categories of gun users, you have to go for the one that offers the best involvement in suiting your knowledge.
All the .22 LR revolvers come at different rates. It will be upon you to consider your budget to determine the particular type of 22 LR guns that you would obtain from the market. The good information is that the price range suits almost everyone so whether you are operating on a fixed budget or whether you have a substantial amount to spend you will always get one that suits your budget.
This is another vital aspect that you should never overlook when looking for the best .22 RL revolver to obtain for your specific needs. A company or vendor that provides a considerable warranty is somewhat ideal because there are unscrupulous dealers who take advantage of the desperation and ignorance of potential buyers to give them substandard revolvers.
Therefore, ensure that you go for one that has a comparatively longer warranty period so that in the event that it develops issues you can return it and have it fixed or get another one depending on the terms and conditions.
Review of the best .22 RL Revolvers
Choosing the ultimate revolver even after putting the factors above into consideration might still be challenging to some people. However, the process can be made easy especially if you are sure and specific on how you need the gun and for what reasons.
There are many dealers in the market that will tell you most of the things that you need to hear when shopping for these weapons. On the other hand, there is also some information that they will never reveal to you depending on your interest. It is, therefore, essential that you read widely, consult broadly and research appropriately before deciding to settle on a particular model of 22LR revolver.
Additionally, reviews on products in this category can help you to better understand what you should buy and also if you should actually buy it. Here are a few reviews of some of the best revolvers to choose from.
If you are looking for a versatile, dependable, strong and durable .22LR revolver, then your best bet should be the Ruger single-six convertible. It is fitted with a patent transfer bar mechanism, which plays a great role in upholding safety in any case of an unintentional discharge. It is also designed in a perfect design that makes it appealing to the eye and easy to carry. This revolver handgun by Ruger also has an additional cylinder, which is essential in enabling the users in swiftly changing from shooting .22LR to .22 WMR. It has a high accuracy level that results from cold hammer barrel that also increases its longevity and ease of cleaning.
- It has a Blued finish
- The gun features a patented Ruger transfer bar mechanism
- Comes with an extra .22 WMR cylinder
- Has an adjustable precision rear sight for elevation and windage
- Black checkered strong grip made of rubber
- It is ergonomically designed in a manner that enhances its accuracy
- Its adjustability windage and elevation rear sight help in aiming the target and maintaining the aim.
- It has an ideal size to carry around without any form of inconveniences
- The patented transfer bar system is essential in protecting the users and non-users from hurting in a likely event of an accidental discharge.
- The extra cylinder provides the users with ability to easily shift from .22 LR to .22 WMR.
- You have to remove the cylinder to load and unload the gun
- This revolver is only limited to one black finishing without options of stainless steel or nickel and many more
- Its cylinder seems to develop failure in complementing the ejector shell during ejection
- It has a stiff hammer.
The North America NAA-22LR is considered as the smallest revolver guns that you can find in the market. It comes in eight variations and various styles and finishes. This handgun is petite, is made of steel material, and has a five-shot capacity.
The gun is notably single action, which means that you will need to always lock the hammer manually anytime you want to make a shot. The length and style of the barrel, cylinder, and frame vary as well as the type of finish for each particular gun of this model.
- It just measures 4-inches in length
- It weighs 4.5 ounces unloaded.
- Made of stainless steel frame
- Highly compact, lightweight thus making the most convenient in terms of conceal carrying
- It is strong thus making shooting fun and accurate
- Made of sturdy material that prevents it from rusting and enhances its durability
- Its petite size makes it relatively difficult to handle, aim and shoot
- It does not appear as reliable as other series of the same model apparently because if it’s small size.
If you are looking for strength, simplicity and ruggedness, all in one package, then you need to consider choosing the Ruger GP100. It is made with style that suits the elegance but performs with a sharpness that you can never imagine until you obtain and have a test of it.
This Ruger GP100 is ergonomically designed to fit the hands of the user comfortably, which is important in enhancing the performance of this machine. It is very simple thus making it easy to use and does not necessarily require in-depth knowledge to assemble and maintain it.
It is fitted with a patented transfer bar system that helps in providing unmatched protection in any unlikely event of an accidental discharge. It also has a frame made of a hard stainless steel material that makes it very strong and durable.
- Has a triple locking cylinder
- Patented grip frame
- Supports re-coil
- Fitted with a transfer bar mechanism
- It is portable thus making it easy to carry around when carrying out your activities
- The transfer bar mechanism is essential in enhancing the safety measures of the user and non-users
- It is easy to use, maintain, assemble, and does not require any special training to do the same.
- Comfortable on the hand and provides reliability during usage.
- It is comparatively costly
The Rough Rider 22MB6 is one of the highly regarded .22 revolvers in the market that was manufactured by Heritage Manufacturing in the United States. It presents a classic look and a feeling of the fabulous army revolver albeit in a relatively scaled down version. This weapon is manufactured using high-end materials that help in ensuring that its accuracy and reliability stands at all-time best. It has a tight cylinder lock and also has a seamless timing of the action which makes it place the shots at the right place just where you want them to be. It has high performance given that it has a micro-threaded barrel fitted into the frame thus optimizing the cylinder gap.
It is a versatile handgun suitable for hunting, action shooting as well as plinking.
- It has a barrel made of steel material
- The frame material is made of Aluminum alloy
- 6-round caliber capacity
- Has a cocobolo grip
- Features an ergonomic design
- Very durable given that its components are made of steel and aluminum alloy.
- The ergonomic design fits the hand perfectly thus making it comfortable in the hand.
- Its compact size and lightweight enhance its portability.
- It has high levels of accuracy and reliability
- It requires ideal training before use thus not favorable for novices
This handgun gives you the power when hunting and thus is ideal for taking down a monster than other light duty revolvers cannot necessarily do. It is powerful but not to an extent that an experienced hunter can fail to manage. It is just an appropriate handgun for any ardent hunter that would wish to have an amazing experience in hunting quest.
- Molded rubber grips
- Has a 6.5 inches barrel
- Has a legendary strong frame
- Adjustable sights
- 6-round cylinder
- It is powerful, very easy to clean and to load
- It is fairly priced
- Made of hardy materials thus enhancing its durability
- Relatively noisy and has a lot of flash at the cylinder gap
As earlier mentioned in this article, there are numerous types and models of handguns and specifically the .22 LR revolvers. It can be a tasking assignment to look for the best one especially if you are a first time user. If by any chance, you have bought one and have realized that in one way or the other is nor favoring your aspects, then consider changing. Do not limit yourself to one particular vendor because there are several dealers where you can shop and obtain these items from.
Based on the review roundup above, the Ruger GP100 comes out as the best.22LR revolver. Although it is costly toacquire, its features and functionally will provide you with the best experience a revolver can provide. Just ensure that as you go looking for a revolver, choose one that will comfortably suit all your needs and specification.